Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Muscle Memories



Sometimes I forget high school biology. Sure, duh, I know that the brain interacts with the muscles via motor skills, but sometimes it takes fracturing your tib/fib to get the point. Maybe I would have scored an A in bio if I used my body as a study guide/exhibit for dissection. NOT. 

Relearning how to use your legs is more than just baby steps. A part of my new routine is standing on something that resembles a cross sectioned beach ball. I have to keep balance so that my stiff ankle can re-record the action the muscle performs as a muscle memories. That way I have greater dexterity when I'm walking off a curb or busting a move on the dance floor. 

The body never ceases to baffle me. The fact that the lack of leg activity has not only shrunk my calf, but also caused my muscles to forget its ingrained functions. WHOA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment