Thursday, June 4, 2009

MENTAL THERAPY

I often let things stew or marinate for too long, which is to say I've been slow with coming to terms with the emotional toll from my bike accident. Probably it's because the incident itself happened too fast. I remember that my internal monologue went from something like, "fuck where did this car come from I hope I can wing it" to "holy shit am I paralyzed bleeding where are my glasses?" But it's the middle sequence that haunts me. The part where my thoughts are silenced, and I'm flying through the air, ending up on the other side of the car that hit me. The only footage I have resembles what would happen if someone flipped a camcorder in the air.

I suppose I'm also a visual thinker as well. I'm not exactly sure what that exactly means, but something familiar registers while I was watching Ghost tonight. Towards the end of the film, Sam's (Patrick Swayze's) killer runs into traffic and gets hit by a bus. He meets his death by flying unto the hood of another oncoming vehicle. 

I could finally capture my own flight path from the initial impact to air and then to the crash landing. My memory adds a few more seconds to the playback and cuts to a POV shot at a side angle.  This new sequence, however,  begs more questions than answers 




No comments:

Post a Comment