Wednesday, June 17, 2009

live blogging from the dinner table

Mother: Oh I would get the white, how should I say this, "pottery style" dish set, but it chips easily. I think I'm going to go with Nantucket Basket. The same set I gave Wendy for her wedding gift. 
Uncle: Well, as long as you don't get them in black like our brother did. He said it made the food look better. HMMPH.  
Grandmother: His taste is simply too contemporary.
Father: I remember when he first got that set after he moved back to D.C. He lived in that dreadful basement apartment. The one where you had to trip over his parasail to get to the kitchen. HA!
Uncle: You're right. That was right off Connecticut Ave. 
Mother: And then he and John bought that much nicer colonial townhouse north of Georgetown. I wish they still had that place. The condo in Dupont is hardly impressive. 
Son: Mom, their old house was up on a steep hill and far from any public transportation. It was too residential. I like their new place. It's close to Whole Foods, restaurants, the metro, and other stuff. Plus, the windows provide a good amount of natural lighting [of course I would say this].
Uncle: You're right. It is closer to downtown. 
Mother: Spencer, they paid all that money for a view of the parking lot with a foul-looking dumpster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment