Wednesday, June 24, 2009

back in the saddle




So I got back on a bike today! Well a stationary one at physical therapy for about eight minutes. Funny that the therapist asked if it was "too soon" and I figure it's not soon enough. Don't get me wrong: I've been debating whether or not I'd be biking again, but it's probably the best to get over residual anxiety and hop back in the saddle.

I know I'm going to stop at every intersection and probably pedal at a turtle's pace. Cars are going to freak me out and I have to remember not to space out in the middle of traffic. I'm also going to sport a helmet and roll up to places with matted, sweaty hair. HAY.

It's going to be awhile before I start traversing town, and at all hours, but I know I will get tired of cab fares, SEPTA meltdowns, and exhausting my hot rod (the 1993 SUBARU LEGACY is on its last legs). Hands down, biking is still the fastest and easiest way to get around. PLUS, I score progressive points for keeping emissions low. But really, I just want to get those quads pumping to feel the wind in my face again.

I promise: No more fooling with monkey business, I'M PLAYING IT SAFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment