Sunday, May 31, 2009

WHEN I AM WELL AGAIN...

...I will wear all sorts of blazers, even if I'm sweating at the crest of a heat wave.

I have never been enthusiastic about blazers because they were a part of my dress code for so long. K-12 to be exact. And when I wasn't school, my mother had her own ideas of how I should look, which meant oxford shirts, pleated khakis, and penny loafers. Of course, when I could get my hands on the car keys and her credit card, I struggled to figure out my own sense of fashion at the King of Prussia mall. There weren't many opportunities for sartorial growth in Chester County 2002.

It wasn't until I moved to rural Ohio for college of all places where I parted with the blazer and its preppy iterations, and encountered its well-stocked thrift stores. Far from vintage store buyers, I could find 50 cent Members Only jackets (I think at one point I had 3 or 4), dollar Lacoste cardigans. and plaid upon plaid for pennies.

Now that I've graduated and now living in Philadelphia for two years, I feel like my undergrad look is a little staid. This summer I'm trading in the jean cutoffs for a more polished look. Though I think I'll leave the navy blue back in high school and go for something a bit more bold.



I thiiink I can pull the stripped blazer off, but it's going to be an adventure trying to find a similar styled jacket.


For the record, I've been wearing the same v-neck and girl's basketball mesh shorts combo for the entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment